20 fevereiro 2007

Uma ideia

Olha a "bela" ideia! Estes americanos é que a sabem toda... ou não!!

Best Roommate Ever
"I’ve heard that it costs about $25,000 to keep one criminal in jail for a year. And jails are overcrowded, so that expense goes up if you ship your convicts to other states where they have extra prison space, as California does.This gave me an idea for a business you can do at home: Convert your spare bedroom into a prison cell and charge the government $25,000 per year to house a convict. You could probably put two convicts in one spare room and earn $50,000 per year, minus whatever it costs to feed them slop.
The government would have to set some standards for these home prisons. Obviously you’d need to enclose the entire room with bars, add a little toilet, and install a surveillance camera. Government officials could monitor the home prisons over the Internet, just to make sure you’re abusing the prisoners enough. I imagine a big problem with home prisons is that prisoners would talk their way out, as in “Can I just watch Boston Legal with the family? I promise I’ll go right back to my cell.”
Having two prisoners in a cell would be problematic if you had kids in the house. Sooner or later the kids are going to see something that will scar them for life. “Daddy, why is the one prisoner praying to the other one?”
Home prisons in Texas would be the most fun of all, especially if you had a death row inmate and you were allowed to execute him yourself. This wouldn’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but you can’t tell me it wouldn’t be a hoot for hunters who enjoy shooting large mammals for entertainment. “I’ll come to bed in an hour, honey. I have to shoot Carl at midnight.”
I suppose another problem is that neighbors would start bragging and comparing their prisoners. You’d get a lot of “Oh, so your prisoner only wounded a guy? Well, I suppose all the good ones were taken.”

in Dilbert Blog

1 Comentários:

Às 11:11 da manhã, fevereiro 25, 2007 , Blogger McBrain disse...

Alegra-me que sejas leitora deste blogue.

O Scott Adams é de facto um SINHOR!

 

Enviar um comentário

Subscrever Enviar feedback [Atom]

<< Página inicial